Thursday, 24 May 2012

Birthday layout! Week 20 Project Life

I made my left hand page of Project Life this wee, a full page photo of me on my birthday. I added the date stamp digitally before printing. The top left hand corner is the Week 20 title on a piece of cupcake postcard from Paperchase mounted on a paper doily, with some butterflies. The chipboard rosette and ribbon bow made from seam binding, has a tiny flag with happy birthday on it. The 51, was added on the outside of the page protector and the doily was left loose at the top, so it too could come outside the page protector.
Most of the items I used, came from last months Studio Calico kit - City of Lights, and this months kit, 35mm. I wanted to use some of the envelopes from my birthday cards too, to keep some of them, that were extra special. I came up with a way of making the album out of three envelopes, with their flaps, as hinges,  mounted on a sheet of card, covered with patterned paper, then threaded through a slit made in my page protector, so the pages could be looked at without sliding the whole layout out of the pocket.
I used some Washi tape at the top and bottom of the slit I cut, so it wont tear any further than I want it to!I have extra space here for other items from my birthday I may want to add.
I then decided to add a Heidi Swap Memory File Photo stack to the largest outer envelope.
This gave me a lot of photograph space, it's been a busy week!
I made a collage of my birthday photo's in Picasa and printed it 6x4 on my Selphy.

I made a whole page with another collage about my joint present, a Cameo! I love how it all turned out and I managed to make space on a double page spread, for everything I wanted to include!
Today has been a huge day in our household!! In fact, I would even say momentous, but I will save that for tomorrow! Time for bed! TFLx

No comments: